Header photo ©2021, Ron Thompson: Mississinewa River, Indiana
Profile: I am a retired Petroleum Engineer with degrees from the University of Texas in math and petroleum engineering. I am a conservative evangelical, and I have made a decades-long study of Jewish, Israeli, and general Middle Eastern history and culture, as well as US and world history, Biblical theology and the secular fields of physics, astronomy, mathematics, geology, and politics.
I write here, not as a degreed “expert” or professional in any of these fields (except for engineering and math), but as a well-read and knowledgeable devotee of all. My purpose here is simply to express my opinions on subjects in which I think I am reasonably well rounded. In style, I write in a somewhat stilted and formal manner, but since this is an opinion blog, not a news or academic site, I don’t post many citations.
So, what is it that I’m passionate about?
- History – Especially Biblical History, and the Jewish foundations of Christianity. This is a subject I’ve studied for years. I may not qualify as an expert, but I do know quite a bit about the subject.
- Theology – Again, it’s something of tremendous importance to me that I like to write about from time to time.
- Politics – I’m a really small fish in this pond, so won’t go there as often. I’m very conservative, both fiscally and socially.
- Science – I’ve got some decent background in math and several sciences, including physics, astronomy, geology and archaeology, in particular.
- Hobbies – I’m getting a bit long in the tooth for these things, but I love to putter in my basement wood shop, and I’m a decent photographer.
- Family – Yes, I reserve the right to bore you with occasional domestic tidbits.